Wednesday, May 06, 2015

End of the Lull

Hey, the dull lull is over.  After our walk, I did a lot of household chores, then jumped in the shower, washed my hair, and went over to Sunset Nails for a pedicure.
Oh, my ritzy tootsies look so grand!  And they feel good, too. Home for just an hour, then back next door to the nail place to get my hair cut--drastically--and colored darker.
I know a lot of women just love getting meds and peds and having their hair operated on, but I'm not one of them.  I squirm getting my nails done and to me, the hair thing is the very definition of boredom.  Yesterday, I thought I'd never get out of there, but it was worth it.
I was sick of the bag lady bob, and didn't like how blonde it had gotten.  I had Tracie do it in medium brown (it will lighten up more in the sun) and cut it quite short.  Looks wonderfully good, although I'm reconciled to knowing that after a few days, it will look only medium good, as I'm hopeless with hair.
Home, I fired up the fry pan and made myself a pork chop for lunch/dinner. Put in a wash, changed, and got to the library to meet Aline for the "Dancing Warriors" program.
This was such a treat.  Two men from the Balam Dance Theatre performed, one (Toshinori Hamada) doing traditional martial arts dances with great precision.  The other, Carlos Pirtante, presented Balinese, eighteenth century English, and Spanish (matador) dances in spectacular costume.  Aline and I both loved it.  I consider dance King of the Arts and this was beautiful and fascinating beyond description.
After, we went to Jeffreeze for ice cream, topping off a fine day.

1 comment:

Balam Dance Theatre said...

Thank you for your kinds words about BALAM Dance Theatre's (BALAM) performance at the Little Egg Harbor Library. BALAM's Artistic Director Carlos Fittante and dancer Toshinori Hamada were delighted to present Balinese, Spanish, and others dances in conjunction with the martial arts movements.

Get updates about the organization's activities, events, discount, job opportunities, free concerts, and more in BALAM's monthly newsletter by signing up for a free subscription at http://bit.ly/1oj6hCA. A calendar of events, articles, photos, and more are posted on BALAM's blog at www.balamdancetheatre.blogspot.com.

Also, feel free to visit and "like" the organization on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/balamdancetheatre, as well as follow on Twitter @BALAMDance, Pinterest at https://www.pinterest.com/BALAMDance/, and YouTube at https://www.youtube.com/user/BalamDance.

We look forward to seeing you at another BALAM Dance Theatre performance, event or activity in the future.

Best regards,
BALAM Dance Theatre

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...