Friday, May 15, 2015

Teeth and Ears--Ughy, Ugh, Ugh!

With Susan in Cape May, Slug-a-bed Mimi gave herself permission to "sleep in," as the moronic expression goes.  I didn't get up until 6:30 and enjoyed the snooze fest.
I decided to skip breakfast until after my teeth-cleaning, but that never came to pass. When I got to McDentist, the receptionist and I discovered my new insurance doesn't cover dental.  Hey, you'd think I'd be upset, but no--I felt I got a reprieve.  Went home to breakfast, had my usual, then decided to drive to the cemetery, where I haven't visited lately.
Once off the Parkway, though, I changed my mind and continued on Route 9.  It occurred to me that sister Betty might clear my clogged ear, so I drove down to her place, but she wasn't home.  I called and found she had taken Muckie for a esophagus-scope and were at Northfield Diner for lunch.  Joined them there, we ate, then we took Muckie to get cigarettes at Wawa.  Dropped her at home, then went on to Betty's, where she performed the procedure on my ear.
Ew-w-w, it entailed peroxide and a syringe, quite horrible, but I survived it and it actually did help.  We sat on her porch for awhile after, then George Wimberg came over to chat for a bit.
After he left, I said my goodbyes and many thanks, then drove home in a good mood.  I had barely walked in when Sondra M. called to ask if I'd be in another of her plays for the June show. Yes, indeedy, sez I, and found I'll play a lesbian, quite a change for me and it sounds intriguing.

No comments:

Sunday

I reserved yesterday for chores.  Stripped the bed and washed the sheets while I had breakfast. It pleased me that, just as I responded to t...