Tuesday, May 12, 2015

A Blue Funk

It wasn't the best of days.  For some reason, I was restless and unhappy.  I felt alone, unloved, and unappreciated.  Now I know in my mind that isn't true, but it was my heart that gave me trouble.
Walked with Susan, then did a few household chores. Bob S. was supposed to come and finish clearing out the sprinkler heads, but he didn't and I didn't care.  I was in what used to be called "a blue funk," brooding over incidents from the past that upset or saddened me.
After I had a sketchy lunch, I couldn't stay in the house anymore.  I jumped in the car and drove 'way down Route 9 past Barnegat. Turned toward the canal--ocean water always soothes me--and just drove around here and there.  Stopped at the Shop-Rite in Waretown, but it was hard to find things, so I then went to the Manahawkin one.  Among other items, I got five begonias; now I have about fifteen plants that have to be put in the ground--ugh! Well, my friend is coming today to help.
I bought an already-cooked turkey thigh and cut into it when I got home--it was tough as shoe leather! Damn, I wasn't paying six bucks for something I'd throw away (only in situations like this, would I ever want a dog.), so I drove right back to Shop-Rite and got my money back.  That's an eighteen-mile round trip, but by the time I was home, my mood had lifted, so it was worth it.
Aline called and I also talked to Sondra M., asking her to send me as an attachment her play that I'm going to be in.  I got it and will rehearse a bit before the Players & Playwrights meeting on Saturday.
Another thing that gladdened me were my Mothers Day gifts from Tokyo.  The card--made by my daughter-in-law, of course, is simple, but I love the words inside: "5-10-15-20 hugs for you for Mothers Day."  It's signed in an elegant scrawl by my precious grandson, just-turned-twenty-months-old K.  With it was a wonderful picture of the little family in ceremonial dress.  My son, P., is properly solemn in gray, his wife, N., just gorgeous in her white and gold kimono, and the little prince, dressed in his tiny robes, smiling, exuberant, and incredibly beautiful.  P. won't allow his son's picture or name to be anywhere on the Internet, or I'd include the picture here.
Bob is supposed to (again) come this morning, then I have a Sparklers' meeting at 11:00, lunch after, and my friend at 4:00 for planting.  I had intended to get as much of the latter done beforehand, but it's going to be tight.
Just put the trash and saw the sprinklers had functioned. It's a beautiful spring day and things are looking up, I'm relieved to reveal.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...