Sunday, May 03, 2015

Carpet Dents and Tea

Repeated my mop kitchen floor/vacuum carpets routine, and added added clean bathroom.  Asked my pal and loyal companion, Miss Internet, how to get furniture impressions out of the carpet.  She advised ice cubes in the dents and it seems to work.
Semi-excitement: As I was about to leave for the Asian Tea Ceremony at the library, I saw a woman coming around from my side yard.  Greeted her and we chatted.  She seemed very nice, explained she had lived in Holly Lake nearby (large, expensive homes), moved to Cranford, hates it, and wants to move back to Little Egg.  I told her it was a over-55 community and she indicated she made the age requirement (blonde, slender, rather attractive, in her late fifties, I'd guess).  Anyway, she had written down Walter's info and I hope she gets in touch with him.
The Asian Tea Ceremony was conducted by a Caucasian woman; reasonably interesting, but I couldn't hear or see her well.  I sat with Norma and Marilyn, acquaintances of mine, and met an interesting woman there with her daughter-in-law. Henrietta Magrave (love the name) said she has lived in Little Egg for eighty-five years.  I expressed surprise she's that old, as she looks younger than I do (not hard, I'm afraid).  She then said she had moved here when she was six!  Yoicks, she was 91!
Went from there to Barnegat to see if I could find the high school, where Gypsy will be.  Did, it was easy, and I'll meet Christine there today.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...