Monday, November 25, 2013

Various and Enjoyable

Cold, cold, COLD yesterday, and windy, too.  I don't know how people in the northern states stand it.  Susan and I actually cut our walk slightly short, it was so blustery.
After, I greatly enjoyed new videos of the precious baby boy in Tokyo and know I'll watch them over and over.  Put together a salad with the lettuce from my friend, hard-boiled a half-dozen eggs and put it all in the frig for later.
Met Christine R. at SeaOaks at 1:00 and we had a nice, convivial lunch, reminiscing about our Arsenic days--seems like years ago, but was only last February--and filling each other in on current activities. 
In her case, that doesn't include any stage appearances.  She works full-time as a legal secretary all the way up in Neptune and has a somewhat problematic family (from what she told me), so has her hands full anyway.  I told her about doing Hedda in April at Surflight and she was excited for me.  Gave her information on For Better or Worse and was delighted when she said she'd go and bring a friend.
Stopped at Acme after to get provisions and ingredients for the two pies and mashed potatoes I'd said I'll bring for Thanksgiving.  Must think about packing, too, because we'll be going up north the day after. 
Wrote up a tentative program for the show, but must add some things.  I'm not sure if we should provide programs for the audience or just the cast so we know (at least to some extent!) what we're doing.  I think the latter.
Got sausage out of the freezer, cooked that, added cut-up garlic and onions, boiled a pound of macaroni, and put it all together with a jar of spaghetti sauce.  Had a bowlful for dinner and I must say, it was tasty.  I have enough for the next few meals, too, so I won't have to concern my self with dinner for awhile.
Skyped darling daughter in California and had a nice virtual visit with her.  Again, Greg, her gentleman friend, was chopping away in the kitchen making dinner.  Boy, is he a keeper: good-looking, intelligent, pleasant and friendly, and a good cook besides!

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...