Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pies And Flowers

After being relieved and happy that, thanks to older son, my little 'puter is purring away again, I turned my attention to the two pies I promised to bring for Turkey Day.  Finished them up by 4:00 and...
Now that trips right off the tongue--fingers--doesn't it?  In truth, it took almost the entire day to make them, starting, of course, with measuring out, combining, refrigerating, rolling, and fitting to the pan the double-crust apple.  Then there was paring and slicing up, mixing spices, adding this and that, timing the baking, and so on.  I always do the apple first, as that takes a lot more work; the pumpkin seems easy.
Anyhoo, they're both resting on the kitchen table and I'll pack them up shortly.  I found time in between to call Marla H., who lives over on Nautic, as Susan had told me she takes people to airports (for a fee, of course).  I called her, she agreed to take me to A.C. Airport for my Florida trip and, happy day, to pick me up at 11:00 pm.
Looked into flights to CA, consulted the two who would take and pick up, and they're okay with the times. Because leaving is so early, I planned to take my own car and,  possibly, stay over at a nearby hotel. However, I just found an afternoon flight and booked that instead.
Did a bit on the computer, and that was it.  Today, I'll pare, boil, and mash the taters, pack, and zip on up north.  It will be a good Thanksgiving, I'm sure.
Added Note:  Just got beautiful fall flowers from Mike!  He's all the way in Perth, but still took the time to order flowers to be sent for Thanksgiving.  I'm so lucky to have such wonderful sons (and daughters)!

No comments:

Satisfying Saturday

 I did it, I did it, I did it;                                                                                                              ...