Sunday, October 27, 2013

Neat Day

A day of varied and enjoyable events.  In the morning, as requested, I met my friend and her husband near the entrance to the Parkway.  We then drove in their SUV to a small-owner owned granite and tile store.  My buddies picked out new granite countertops and backsplash material for their kitchen, took me back to my car, and I followed to their home.  Had lunch--homemade turkey chili and it was delicious--then we all set to work digging out plants, transferring them elsewhere, and watering.
The previous sentence took me only a minute or less to type, but took several hours in real life.  In truth, I just helped "around the edges," so to speak; they did the heavy work (some of the plants were huge), and I handed them tools, carried some of the plants (mostly day lilies) to the new location, and dragged the hose around to water them.  The couple are having their front walk re-done and needed to provide several feet around the existing one.
My lady friend and I then went to a store in Hamilton for a few items.  That also sounds like a mere "stop and shop," but by the time we finished, twilight was setting in.  Back at her place, I was given a bonanza of arugula, kale, carrots, daikon radishes, eggplant, red cabbage, spring mix and tomatoes--they belong to a organic farm co-op--loaded up the car, and said goodbye. 
It was a fairly ordinary day, but much low-key fun for me; spending it with two of my favorite people always is.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...