Thursday, October 24, 2013

"Paperwork"

My, oh my, I've certainly been a virtuous lady lately--well, yesterday, anyway.  Spent the whole day, practically, on paperwork,* to wit:
Typed up the minutes from the Players & Playwrights meeting; also made a sign-up sheet.
Organized my loose-leaf books, one for the group mentioned above, one containing For Better or Worse show items.
Finally and at long last, read over act two of John's script (Shallow Grave), assembled my thoughts, and wrote him a critique which I hope he'll find helpful.  I had a lot of reservations about this--there's nothing so fragile as a writer's ego--but was determined not to take the easy way out and assure him it was fine.  It wasn't.  I tried to be as tactful as possible and was sure to praise where praise was warranted (happily, he has an excellent grasp of dialogue), but still point out problems.  Whew, what a relief to have that off my desk!
Called Institutional Services at Stockton to volunteer to address high school seniors on employment, a program I had read about in the paper; secretary said the manager would get back to me.
Wrote back to the woman at Stockton's Office on Aging (or whatever it is) to the effect that I'd conduct a course on employment for seniors.  Found a lot of the material I had used in the similar course I did at Stockton five or so years ago, printed it out and assembled all in a folder.
Wrote to Tara to ask that she let me know soon if she can be in the show.
Otherwise:
Paid some bills, made an appointment to see the new dentist in town, and cleared up some other stuff, too.
Had a good talk with my friend, Marge, and two with Betty.  Called Walter to find that Susan was to come home yesterday afternoon.  Will go over there later.  Stir-fried onions and garlic, boiled up some pasta, added sauce and, yummy, yum, yum, had it for dinner.  I have a lot left and will be eating that down in the coming days.  Still have chicken legs left, too.
Ellen V. and Dave S. are coming over tonight to rehearse the Mr. and Mrs. Santa piece for the show.
*Funny how we cling to the old terms: Only a small portion of what I did was actually "paperwork," of course; most was on the computer. 

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...