Friday, October 18, 2013

Busy

This will be short because so much went on yesterday after I posted, I'll just briefly mention it all. 
After the unpleasant lunch with Aline, I went down to Ray and Barb H.'s to tell them the news about Susan.  Placed and received calls from Mary S., Joan C., Connie W., and several others.  I called Julie L., who is friendly with Susan, and we had a long talk.
This is significant (for me) because we hadn't spoken for about a year after a falling-out on which I don't want to elaborate.  Anyway, we're back on a friendly footing and I'm glad, especially after yesterday.
I had wanted, and thought I'd be able to, take a nap during the day, but I didn't have time.  My insurance agent came at 5:00 and I signed all the papers for new coverage.  In some ways, it's marginally better than the old, but in many, it stinks, but I guess it's okay.  Of course, as with practically everything these days, it's a pact from Hell between the government and private business, which neatly omits the needs of the citizen. 
Called Betty to see if she can go with me to Cabaret, but she's on call.  I asked her to let me know, so I can ask somebody else.  Of course, it's the day after tomorrow and that's short notice, but...
In 45 minutes or so, I'll pick up Aline, as I've done so often in the past year.  I invited her to go on the van tour with us today in Susan's place and she was happy to accept.               

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...