Saturday, October 26, 2013

Various

Yet more tiresome paperwork--this time it really was paper--and various household chores.  Took a break after lunch to drive down to Elaine's Candy in Manahawkin, where I picked up a box of chocolates for Susan.  Was going to buy a card until I remembered that I've had one for more than ten years: The front shows a woman sleeping 'way over on the edge of her bed because three or four cats are snoozing the rest of it.  It reads "Cats with rights" on the front and simply "Get well soon."  She loved it, and the candy, too.
Turnabout is fair play (another oldie and not even so goodie) and shortly after, Susan came over and presented me with a beautiful card and a metal container with paper white bulbs and instructions on how to grow.  This was her thanks for taking her to the hospital and so on and she also said she and Walter want to take me to dinner.  Nice.
Went to Acme and ran into Ron K., who's in LETCO and with whom I performed in Our Town.  We chatted for a few minutes--what a neat guy.
Meeting my friend and her husband this morning at the entrance to the Parkway, as they have to go to Galloway for something or other and invited me to go, too.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...