Saturday, October 12, 2013

Gravity

Picked Aline up at 11:30 and we drove to Olive Garden in heavy rain and strong winds.  I had checked the movie time while driving past the theatre on Thursday and the marquee said "1:50."  When we arrived, though, the time had been changed to 3:00.  No matter, we just bought a few things at Wal-Mart and went in later.
The price was steep: $12.50 (geez, we used to get into the Ventnor Movie for fourteen cents!), but Gravity was well worth it. 
What an absorbing experience!  The 3D glasses, which I thought would be a nuisance because I have to fit them over my regular ones, were no problem.  They brought out the "closeness" of the action, which was thrilling.  The story line was imaginative, the effects superb, and  and I was especially charmed by the ending.  The movie was short--only about an hour and 15 minutes, but that was just as long as it took.  We were home well before dark after a very pleasant time.  Spent the rest of it mainly on the computer, to which I'm being tied more and more every day, it seems. 
Susan just called to say she couldn't walk, as she was sick all night.  She is very thin, and--maybe there's a relationship--has had continuing stomach problems.  Susan is one of the few people my age who doesn't feel compelled to recite in detail and often, a litany of ailments, and I appreciate that.  That means when she does say she's sick, it's more serious than not.  Hope she's better soon.       

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...