Monday, October 14, 2013

Odd

Sort of an odd day.  I did wash in the morning and otherwise puttered around.  After lunch, I felt like getting out the house and going for a drive, so did.  I didn't want to go toward any shore areas because it was a beautiful day and I knew there'd be lots of traffic going back.  Therefore, I started off vaguely north, found myself in Chatsworth (about 20 miles away), kept going, and got to Bordentown (about 40).  I figured as long as I was going that far, I'd go up to Ewing (another 15, maybe) and visit my old haunts.
Went to Heiser Avenue, where we lived as young marrieds, then Concord (first two children born there), and finally to Lower Ferry, our home for 41 years.  Saw some neighbors from long ago, chatted with them for a bit, then drove home after stopping at the cemetery.
It was a somewhat melancholy, but satisfying day, tracing fifty-five years of my life's history and now it's out of my system and I'm ready to move on.
Got a call from sister Betty, asking if I had heard anything of our mutual friend, Lily M., who she was told is sick.  I hadn't, so I called Lily.  We had a fairly long chat; she's indeed been sick, with both cancer and heart problems.  I offered to drive her to Atlanticare in November for a procedure; hope she'll be okay.  
Had a fun virtual visit with Ellen last night, and another with the precious little girls in Singapore this morning.  It seems such a short time ago that the idea of easily seeing  people a distance away was a laughably far-fetched notion.  Initially, it was believed that some time in the future, a device that could facilitate would be connected to televisions or telephones--all land line, of course; nobody had dreamed of cell phones, let alone a computer in every home.
Skype is a wonderful thing.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...