Friday, October 25, 2013

Busily Being Busy

After continuing my "paperwork," for a few hours, I called Jim at Unshredded Nostalgia and told him I'd accept his earlier offer for the rest of my postcards.  Drove to Barnegat and dumped--uh, dropped them off and collected the dough. 
Stopped over at Susan's, who's now home, but fearfully thin and weak.  I'm still puzzled as to whether the problem is actually her appendix.  If so, why wouldn't they remove it?  Just stayed for five minutes, as I didn't want to tire her.
Made an appointment with the new dentist in town after a conversation with the office person.  She assured me I'm covered for cleaning, x-rays, and so on, but since I don't have dental insurance, I don't see how.  Will have to research that.
I managed to get the porch furniture in the garage for the winter by myself, so that's done.  I want to take two tables to the thrift store, but don't think they'll fit in the car.  Will ask if someone will take them.
Called a few people to see who I could hitch a ride with for Dine Around on Sunday.  I don't want to go with Judy and Roman because they're leaving so early to decorate.  Haven't heard back from the D.'s and Marilyn P. called back to offer to take me, although they're taking the V.'s, too, and I'll be cramped in the back seat.  Leslie and I will go on the Crop Walk first.
Dave and Ellen came over at 7:00 and we went over the "Mr. and Mrs. Claus" skit.  It's cute and they'll do a good job, but the show is really too short, so we'll have to beef it up a bit.  Desi and the H.'s leave for Ireland today; I'll have to consult them when they get back.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...