Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Various

I've been hustling, although putting it down on pape--uh, putting it out in cyber-space, it doesn't seem so. 
Tweaked my two plays a bit, now must print them out to give a copy of each to the casts.  I fervently hope there are no slackers, no-shows, or angry and hurt feelings ("why'd you give her that meaty part and I'm the maid?"). Decided to switch most rehearsals to Tuesdays, as that's when the library has fewer reservations. Wrote to Mary to see if that's feasible for her, then composed a message for the rest of the group. Only problem is, I haven't yet heard back from Mary. 
Packed up the car with my remaining three boxes of postcards and other items, and drove to Barnegat to Unshredded Nostalgia.  Jim offered me just a bit more than half of what he paid for the other postcards, and I refused; thought I could a buyer for me elsewhere.
Am I an idiot or what?  I wish I had taken him up on it, then they'd be out of the house and off my mind.  I'll go back today and get the dough--hope he doesn't rescind the offer.
On impulse, I drove to the outpost of Ocean Community College, also in Barnegat to say hello to my pal, Vivian.  Her husband, who has MS, has developed another unpleasant problem, I was sorry to hear, and she's grappling with that.  We chatted a bit, then I went on my way.
Stopped at Stafford Library to see Aline, who was working, and told her we'd have to defer our tentative date to see Gravity on Wednesday.  I don't want to be tied up on the day of our first rehearsal.  Hope we can do it on Friday.
Picked up a rotisserie chicken at Shop-Rite, and had it for dinner. Talked to Betty and we made a date for lunch on Thursday.
Got a Skype call from my precious little grandson in Tokyo.  He's very personable, but didn't have a lot to say except "bub, eck, co."  Co!  He's trying to say his name!
   

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...