Friday, October 04, 2013

Busy

Busy as a buzzing bee, I zipped between here and Barnegat and made some dough.  Took two boxes of my postcards to Unshredded Nostalgia and Jim bought them for about three time as much as I thought they would fetch. 
The guy who conducted our poor-man's antique roadshow had told me comic books with an original price of more than 25 cents (which means published roughly after 1968), were worthless.  Oh?  But I decided it wouldn't hurt to show my remaining hundred or so 1977-78 vintage comics to the owner of Bay Avenue Antiques.  Did so and walked out with a cool--well, mucho more than I had expected, which was $0. 
Got back in time to attend the quarterly Activities Meeting.  I didn't have anything to contribute, but it was a nice respite.
Home, I dug out more stuff I'll peddle next week.  Saw an article in the paper about Stockton State's "Miniversity," which involves area residents addressing high school seniors about this and that.  I called about it and the person I talked to took my information.  When I told her I had been manager of employment at Rider and had conducted a course at Ocean Community College, she suggested I contact the college's Successful Aging Institute, and I did.  Will see if that pans out.
Stopped at the library to get a date for our "original one-act plays" (both written by your humble correspondent) evening, and secured December 3.  E-mailed board members to that effect and it looks as if it's a go.  Dropped off a blurb for the library calendar and called a first rehearsal--or at least, reading--for next Wednesday at my place.
Packed up the car with my Christmas wares; there wasn't room for even half of them, but the yard sale is on for three days.  Went to the bank for small bills and change.  Aline called and we talked over our recent doings.   Now I need to make myself a sandwich, then it's off to make even more dough.  I'll be rolling in it! 

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...