Wednesday, October 23, 2013

LBI And Rehearsal

Picked Aline up at 11:30 and we drove back down to LBI to get my BOA credit card from Buckalew's.  Naturally, we ate there, too.  I'm probably not going to frequent Bucklew's much more, as the food is mediocre and the beer the highest priced in south Jersey, it seems to me. 
Aline had asked if we could go down to the water, as she lost a good friend recently and wanted to think about her in a kind of mystical way.  We found a nice pavilion and sat for a while.  Beautiful day.
After I dropped her off, I went home to try to organize some of my sloppy desk and assemble what I need to work on today.  Got some done and I feel better about it. 
Typed up a few notes on last week's rehearsal, had a bite, then went to the library for this week's session.
I was pleased with the performances of Jim, Mary, and Desi, who have improved steadily.  Jeanne S. came for the first time--I had asked her to take over the part of Marion, which I had played before--and she was good, as I knew she would be.
Desi, Mary, and Jim are going to Ireland for two weeks, so we won't be rehearsing again until our next session in November.
I knew Julie would be unable to attend rehearsal for Hell On Wheels, and neither Tara (who may be in it if she doesn't move to New Orleans) Kathy (who would take Tara's place) showed up, so I had to have Aline take one part and I took the other.  It turned out pretty good, even so.
Got home after 9:00 and stayed up for awhile, so slept until 7:20.  Geez, I have to get out of this lazy habit!

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...