Saturday, October 05, 2013

Yard Sale

Spent seven days at the yard sale yesterday--oh, wait, it was only seven hours, it just seemed like...
Anyway, I had practically all Christmas stuff and it sold, I'm afraid, very poorly.  Not sure how much I made, maybe thirty or so bucks, if that.  It was a long, long, hot day, but Susan's house has plenty of shade.  Packed up about 2:30 (the buyers had dwindled), then of course, had to unpack and put everything back in the garage.
Took a drive after I finished, then got gas and stopped at two stores  to see if I could get price stickers.  No luck, though.
When I got back, I packed up the car with a mishmash of things--books, dishes, Thanksgiving decorations--which I hope will appeal more than Xmassy stuff.
Called Susan to tell her I won't walk today, then chatted with Betty.  Called and talked to Joel, Sr., then Junior.  He's still in the hospital, I'm afraid, but I hope will be released soon. 
Just got up to see that it's raining.  Darn!  Okay, if it continues and the yard sale cancelled, I'll just chalk it up to experience.  I have plenty of other things to do, which could include moving on to another area to purge.

2 comments:

Ellen said...

Good for you for trying to purge all of that stuff. Remember you can always call a charity to come and pick up the items you don't want. They will give you a tax receipt for it, and then you can deduct that amount as charitable contributions.
This morning, I'm about to put an ad in Craigslist (under Free) in an attempt to get rid of my Styrofoam coolers from BistroMD. Wish me luck!

Mimi said...

Good luck! And I may ask for advice on using Craigslist. Hope to see you on Skype tonight.

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...