Monday, February 27, 2012

Years ago, I read this in some silly magazine: There's nothing so over as Christmas. I can top that one, though: There's nothing so over as a play you're in.
Night Must Fall is over, but we went out in a blaze of glory. Yesterday's performance was great and we probably had the largest audience of the three. Not as many screw-ups--or what there were weren't major--and the lighting was better.
The crowd was enthusiastic and it was such fun to hear the applause.
I was so pleased to greeted by Marilyn M. and Clorinda, as well as Mary Ann Van O., and others. Many of my friends had gone on Friday and Saturday, too. Of course, the ones who meant the most to me were the northern dwellers, my niece and nephew, and sister Betty.
After, we stopped back at my house to leave things off, including Betty's and my cars, then repaired to The Legacy at SeaOaks, where we had a good dinner and great talk. Got home about 8:30 to see a phone message from Ellen. Called her back on Skype and she, Betty, and I had a nice visit.
We then sat up talking while I had my glass of wine, then turned in. Slept like a log and now--sob!--have to reconcile myself to no more Night.
But hey--other productions are coming up!

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...