Saturday, February 04, 2012

Just chatted with P. and N. via Skype, one of my favorite inventions.
Yesterday, which was, of course, Friday (most of the day, I thought it was Saturday), I stayed in during the morning to wait for the solar panel people, who came about 1:30. Went over and over my lines--I'm determined to be completely off book when we meet again on Monday.
Got a call from Leslie, three doors down the street, about 10 and we talked until 12:30! Talked especially about our daughters-in-law. Her late son's widow lives in Florida with the two girls and her lifestyle is disconcerting to Les. Anyway, it was a marathon session.
Went over to Acme while the panels were being installed and got the makings for the dish I'm bringing to the Super Bowl game tomorrow. These are appetizer meatballs, made with cranberry and chili sauces; they always go over big.
Was delighted to get a call from my "niece" (in the play), Tonya N., to the effect that we can go to Surflight's costume place today and pick out things to wear in Night. She'll pick me up at 12:30.
WIDER: There's a lovely new book out called American Sniper about a champion killer. If anyone should doubt what kind of blood-thirsty monsters we've become, just read excerpts from Amazon.com or The Huffington Post (a "liberal" site--yeah, sure) and the comments therein:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/chris-kyle-usn-ret/american-sniper_b_1237669.html#s645850

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...