Saturday, February 11, 2012

Kevin came over at 10:00 and we went over scene four--the big one--several times. Even more enjoyable was getting to know him. What a terrific guy he is! He teaches dancing and I happened to mentioned a legendary name from my youth: Tony Grant and His Cavalcade of Stars. Good grief, Kevin works for him. Well, not Tony himself, who was probably in his thirties when I was ten, so is long gone, but for his son, who took over the dancing thing. I asked Kevin about his professional life and he recounted some of his his experiences in Cats and Beauty And The Beast. It was enthralling.
Rehearsal--for just Kevin, Tonya, and me--had been called for 8:00 at the school and, as is my usual, I went early, getting there about 7:30. I hadn't realized there was some kind of school gathering, so I sat in the back and watched.
They were having a kind of kiddie bingo and the huge room was filled with--well, I'd estimate ten thousand children, judging by the noise level. This is a third to sixth elementary school and boy, did I get a new appreciation of what daughter, Ellen, the third grade teacher goes through every day.
So-o-o, Desi, Tonya, and I first rehearsed in the music room, then when the thundering herd had departed, moved onto the stage. It went well and, in the fifth scene, Kevin gave a performance that made my hair stand on end.
This is my husband's birthday--sigh--and I'm going up north to spend the day and stay overnight.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...