Thursday, February 23, 2012

Decided to call sister Betty and ask if she could meet for lunch. I did, she could, and we met at Italian Cuisine. Had the usual nice sisterly time. After, did a few household chores, but mostly concentrated on studying lines.
Rehearsal had been called for 6:00 and as usual, I was early. Found Jim and Mary H. already there and Desi pulled up shortly. However, the door was locked and we had to wait a bit.
It went all right, but I thought Wednesday night was better. We wore our costumes and two of mine seemed okay; I'm not crazy about what I wear in scene two, though. However, Kevin gave me a valuable tip: Wear one set of clothes over the other. I can't do that with my tops (long-sleeved blouses), but put one skirt over the other and it worked fine. Ellen V. had brought aerosol cans of grey and white hair, which I'll use to look even more old-ladyish than I do naturally. (I'm not suggesting my usual hair is its natural color--I'm not ready for that yet.)
I'm walking today, but I'm going to tell Susan I'll take a pass until Monday. I don't get home until after 9:00--practically the middle of the night for me--and I unwind with popcorn and Chardonnay, so don't get in bed until much later than usual.
Full dress rehearsal coming up--then tomorrow, we open--aagh!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Best of luck for a super show, Mom! I know you'll be great!
Love,
E

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...