Sunday, February 12, 2012

Got back from up north about an hour ago. I had a lovely time. Got up there yesterday about 11:30 and we had lunch. The female half of the couple then took me to Freehold, where we walked around and stopped in a few shops. It was cold, cloudy, and rainy, though, so we stayed only an hour or so.
After, we went to Trader Joe's in Princeton. It's a place I always liked in California, and this is brand new and has all kinds of good stuff. Expensive, however, and it was so jammed packed, it was hard to move around. I'd like to go back on a weekday. I was surprised to see almost half the store sold alcohol of all kinds. I never heard of that in Jersey before, so must be something new. Anyway, I bought four bottles of wine--cheap, yeah--and a few other things.
Got back to my hosts' house, we freshened up, then they took me to dinner at a nearby Italian restaurant.
Wonderful food--I had fresh tuna, just the way I like it: seared on the outside and close to raw on the inside. It came with a wonderful sauce, lightly cooked asparagus, and delicate potatoes. We had brought one of the wines I got at Trader Joe's and we toasted my husband. He would have been 81.
Got home and watch Moneyball on X-Box or whatever it is. I hadn't seen Brad Pitt in anything for years and was surprised how much older he looks. Well, I guess he is older.
Slept over and this morning had Mike's incredibly scrumptious homemade bread. This was a dense loaf he made with rye and spelt flour, crushed walnuts, and honey. Never tasted a loaf that good.
My car was acting up, again; the heater wouldn't work. Without going into a long explanation--it went right out of my head, anyway--suffice it to say, darling Mike fixed it, consulted somebody at the auto supply store, adding coolant, and doing something or other else. He's a gem.
I was planning to go up to Wellsboro with the female half of the couple next weekend to see the boys' wrestling tournament, which we thought was on Saturday. Unfortunately, I was just informed via e-mail that it's on Sunday, meaning I'd miss rehearsal. I'll find out tonight if we're having it, as we probably are--we're opening in less than two weeks.
Anyway, it was a wonderful weekend.

No comments:

Monday

Set off for the mall and Target at 10:30. I got some staples (plant milk, blueberries, grapefruit, etc.), but decided to hold off buying the...