Wednesday, February 22, 2012

On impulse, called my bro, Frank, in California a bit before noon. Hadn't heard from him for a while and just wondered how were things on the left coast. He said he's had bronchitis, but was improving. He and Marybeth will be in Baltimore with son Patrick in April. If we can arrange it, hope to get together with them.
Got my costumes in order, putting together clothes, plus jewelery on the same hanger. To my surprise and chagrin, I realized I don't have two changes, but only one. Actually, this is better, as what I wore changed into for the second scene--a brown skirt and ugly mustard-colored blouse--is uncomfortable, ill-fitting, and hideous. Back they'll go to the thrift shop.
I had a problem changing into it, too, as there isn't much time between scenes. Kevin, who plays the sociopathic Danny, suggested I try putting one costume under the other. Can't do that with the tops, but yes, I think it will work well with my skirts. Will try it tonight.
Rehearsal went well--for most of us, anyway--and director Desi singled out Kevin and me for praise--what a lift. However, a player dropped some important lines that helped define her character and to which I am to respond. It even sets up a piece of business (a paper to be left on the mantelpiece) that's key to a later scene. I know she'll remember it for subsequent performance, but I hope something else doesn't fall off he radar.
Rehearsal at 6:00 again tonight.

No comments:

Thursday

Up and at 'em after a pretty good sleep. Didn't do a whole lot in the morning besides making my lunch. Left about 10:30 to meet Dian...