Friday, February 17, 2012

Susan and I walked at 7:00 as usual, then I went home to boil eggs, make an egg sandwich for lunch, and otherwise prepare for our van tour. This time, it was "Ghost Towns of Atlantic County" and we were delighted o see that Garmin (first name), the naturalist and van driver who's our favorite was conducting the tour.
Saw a lot of interesting old ruins in Weymouth, Cape May, and other areas. Most of them were actually factories, but there were some deserted houses, too. For some reason, I was particularly interested in a town called "Belcoville," the name being an amalgamation of "BEthleham LOading COmpany." This was established as a company town just before WWI, and munitions were manufactured in the big plant built there. The plan is long gone, but the original post office and fire house are still there, the latter still in use. Many of the workers' houses are still there, too; they have distinctive "quarter windows" near the roof line.
Got home shortly before 4:00 and jumped in the shower, then had a bite to eat before I left for our 6:00 rehearsal. I did generally well, but suddenly lost my concentration in scene four and had to ask to be fed lines a time or two.
Not sure if we're having our usual Sunday rehearsal, but Desi called one for tomorrow at 10:00 am.
Heard from Marge, who said she left a message on the machine. I didn't get it, nor did I get one from Barb H. Darn, that's yet another thing I have to worry about. Well, I'll get new batteries for the phone; maybe that's the problem, although the rest of it works.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...