Tuesday, February 07, 2012

Tried on the costumes from Surflight and found I can use only the skirt; the others either don't fit or aren't appropriate after all. Went to two thrift stores and at least found a blouse. Put it together with the skirt and an over blouse-type thing, added some jewelry and it looks okay for the first scene. Now must find two more outfits.
Rehearsal last night was far from good. First of all, I got there early, as usual, to find the auditorium set up for a meeting and people already there. The cast, of course, didn't know it was being held and this was the third time we couldn't get on stage for rehearsals. We gathered in a music room--different from the one we were in before--and set up an arrangement of chairs o approximate the set--NOT satisfactory. To top it off, I had thought we were running through the whole play, which was on the original schedule Desi had sent out. Rehearsed and rehearsed (using my tape recorder method) and got there to find we were just doing scenes 3 and 4. Aagh! I had concentrated on the first two scenes, dammit. Stumbled over a lot of scene four; a lot of the others also kept having to call "Line?," also.
We agreed to meet early on Thursday and we all hope last night was the last time we're preempted.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...