Friday, February 03, 2012

I was pleased that the solar panels were delivered by 10 am, as promised. The guys asked to put them in the garage, which they did by fork lift. It was no problem; I just moved my car to the driveway.
As for said car--darn! When I went to the cemetery on Tuesday, I noticed a kind of hollow thud now and then. Decided I'd better drive over to Mastercraft--with which I have a love/hate relationship--and see about it. Greg (or Al*) drove it down the road, heard it, and said I'd have to bring it back to have Al (or Greg*) put it on the lift and look at it. Will take it in Tuesday.
Went into Manahawkin and picked up groceries, plus some little Valentine things and cards for the kids. Didn't do a lot in the afternoon except wash and going over my role.
Got a "just saying hello" call from the Northern Dweller and we made a date to meet next Saturday, the eleventh, which is Pat's birthday. He would have been 81.
Rehearsal last night. We did the first scene, then were pretty much all disconcerted to hear Desi say we'd do the second, too. Boy, was it a shambles. I'm getting damn nervous about memorizing my lines; it's some consolation, but not much, to realize so is everybody else. Desi talked to us sternly, like a strict schoolmaster, saying we had to be letter-perfect on Monday. We're skipping tomorrow, as Jeff will be gone all weekend and others, including yours truly, are going to Super Bowl parties.
Solar panels to be installed today and then the Electric Company can kiss my outlet!
*Every auto mechanic in the world is named "Greg" or "Al." It's a law.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...