Thursday, February 16, 2012

I picked up Susan and Barb (actually, since we live within a few yards of each other, they walked over to my driveway) and we went to SeaOaks. Very enjoyable; we all had half a sandwich, a cup of soup, and tea. SeaOaks makes its own stuff and of course, the food was so much better than at your run-of-the-mill chain. Chicken noodle soup is not my favorite, but this had big flat noodles, plenty of meat and vegetables, and a flavorful broth. They also make their own delicious potato chips and you could make a whole meal on them.
Aside from that nice excursion, I did a load of wash and of course, went over my lines a skillion times. Had a number of e-mail exchanges with Tonya, who plays my niece. We griped about some of our dissatisfaction with Desi's direction and the lack of a props person and discussed how to get vintage newspapers.
Signed up for the Leprechaun 5K Walk/Run on St. Patrick's Day; so did Susan.
WIDER: Here's a development that's enough to freeze your blood:
http://www.bipartisanpolicy.org/
And here's a bit of what Philip Giraldi over at AntiWar.com has to write about it:
"The Bipartisan Policy Center (BPC) is surely one of the more bizarre pro-Israel think tanks doing business in Washington. Its sage advice pops up here and there, most recently in The Wall Street Journal, where it advocated giving Israel tanker aircraft so its warplanes can fly to Iran, bomb the hell out of that country’s nuclear facilities, and make it safely back."
It's the bipartisanship that should scare the hell out of us. I don't want our benighted politicians to be nodding and smiling and shaking their blood-soaked hands. They're bad enough pretending that one side or the other stands for any principled ideals, but together--!

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...