T.O.P.S. day--or I could call it "disaster day"; I gained 1.4 home to 142 and 1.7 at the meeting to 144--AAGH! That's the heaviest I've been in months and it has to stop. At the meeting were Cheryl, Lanie, Mary Ann, and Sharon. Maria didn't make it and texted me later she had been kept awake by mosquitos. Mosquitos in California? I didn't think there were any. I was pleased to hear form Cheryl that her son will be the Happy Hour person on August 9--I had forgotten that he has a band.
When I came down for lunch, I didn't see either Kathie or Keith. Julie sat at our usual table, then we were joined by Judy. I passed on the fried cod and had a Cobb salad; took half home.
I had put a load of wash in before lunch, after transferred to the dryer on the third floor, as those on the second were in use. Got it later and now I have plenty of clean clothers to wear.I got a nice note back from nephew Wes, in response to my complimenting his daughter, Miranda.
Went down to Happy Hour at 3:00 to have a Margarita and listen to a sax player. He was good, of course, but sax without song isn't exactly my cup of tea; however, I sat with Trudie and enjoyed it:
Time for dinner was shortly after and I again sat with Trudie, along with Carl and Barbara. A newcomer joined us--Ada moved here just three days ago and she proved to be another champion talker, all about her three husbands and mentally ill mother and so on and so forth--AAGH!
Son Mike Facdtimed me about 7:30 and we had a nice chat. He and his lady friend are just getting over the flu and he's leaving today for several days in Jakarta--work, of course. I told him I was sending him, Vivian, and Violet the old letters from my mother and Betty, but he wants me t do it electronically and I'll have to figure out how. I'll ask Ellen, of course.

No comments:
Post a Comment