Monday, August 24, 2026

SUNDAY: GAME DAY

 Slept okay, but the knee still is not completely better; put more Biofreeze on it. I just more or less hung out until lunchtime, when I went downstairs for lunch. Sat with Joyce and Berta and enjoyed talking to the former. She and I both play Bingo and it was scheduled for 2:00.  Back at my place, I continued to indulge my cockamamie fixation of Block Champ until it was time to go to The Big Game at 2:00.

That was dime Bingo, of course, and we played until 3:45. I won two and collected seven dollars and change. After that, guess what? Volunteer Cindy (an area resident) came in for Yahtsee and I decided to go with that, too. Keith, Mary, and Pat joined us as, incredibly, I won the first game. That was because I rolled Yatzee (five of a kind), which is good for fifty points. I didn't win the second or third game, but that was okay. 

Because our regular table members had decided to follow Kathie's lead and sit with others for the week, I saw Denise and we sat together. We had a fine time and I gave her a flyer about my friend, Erica, coming as a financial planner on Thursday. I hope she gets a good turnout. Paula sat at a nearby table and before she left, came over to say, "I miss you." I responded, "I miss you, too," and we'll look for each other for meals. 

After dinner, I invited Denise in to show her the bus pass I have; she wants to get rid of her car and start taking other transportation. After that, she had me over to see her place, which is right down the hall from me. This is also a one-bedroom, but different from mine. I have a good-sized first room and off that, an adequate bedroom and bath. Denise's apartment is considerably smaller and has some awkward angles in kitchenette, living room, and bedroom. 

👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌

My friend, Erica, is coming on Thursday and I hope she gets a good turnout. Particularly Kathie and her daughter, should go, as Kathie has some knotty financial issues, thanks to her dearly departed husband's business problems. Erica and I were members of Fractured Actors and appeared in several plays together, beginning with Welcome Home years ago.
👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌👌

No comments:

SUNDAY: GAME DAY

 Slept okay, but the knee still is not completely better; put more Biofreeze on it. I just more or less hung out until lunchtime, when I wen...