Monday, August 10, 2026

SUNDAY AND A GREAT SHOW

 For some reason, I felt tired and nervous in the morning. Stayed up for a bit, got dressed, then took a short nap. Somewhat better when I got up, I wrote my short introduction to Suzy and the band, then fooled around on the laptop.

Had lunch with Kathie, Denise, and Paula and enjoyed it. After, I talked to Thea and fround that Mindy was coming in (she's off on Sundays), presumbably to greet and set up Suzy and the band. Good, that's a load off my mind. I was so worried the whole thing with Skin To Steel would attract only a small number of residents and/or they would be unresponsive....

...but happy day, I couldn't have been more wrong! The chairs were almost all filled and the audience was very "with it" singing and/or clapping along when appropriate. Here's the Skin to Steel band: 

From left, Eric, who is the son of Cheryl Lewis, my T.O.P.S. and pacifist friend; Suzy;  her husband, Steve, and the rhythm guy (or something), Bryan. 

They played, as scheduled for an hour and after, many of the audience came up to talk to them. The reception was great and Mindy was very enthusiastic about the group, so things couldn't be better. I gave Suzy the two sets of scripts--one for her and one for Bob. BTW, he was supposed to be here, but went to the wrong place (Open Mic in Ojai) and didn't show. Anyway, the gig turned out great.

Had dinner with Kathie, LaVerne, and Paula--it was a kind of strawberry salad and very good. Back in my apartment, I filled my med containers for the coming week and settled down to my favorite Block Champ. Slept well and didn't get up until 6:30. 

No comments:

SUNDAY AND A GREAT SHOW

 For some reason, I felt tired and nervous in the morning. Stayed up for a bit, got dressed, then took a short nap. Somewhat better when I g...