Thursday, August 27, 2026

WEDNESDAY

My knee may be somewhat better, but it still isn't completely okay. I'll follow the N.P.'s advice to use heat and keep taking the pain-killer/anti-inflamatory. I mentioned at lunch that I didn't have a heating pad and my friend, Paula, immediately offered to lend me hers. I accepted with pleasure and will use it soon.

Stripped the bed and took the sheets to the laundry room. Before lunch, I transferred them to the dryer, and retreived them after lunch. I ate with Paula, Denise, LaVerne, and Mary; we had chicken corden bleu, which was very tasty. Denise mentioned that she wanted to put (artifitional) flowers on the top of her cabinets, so I told her I'd give her some of those I had just bought and decided against. I did so, kept some, but was glad somebody could use some of the others.

At three, I went down to the multi-purpose room to attend the Social Hour for new residents. To my surprise, a dime Bingo was going on instead. I quesitoned Mindy about it and found she had announced the change, but I hadn't heard it. I wish she wouldn't do this OR that the schedule would be posted on-line. All right, not all the residents use the Internet, but the schedule could still be printed. So I attended Bingo, of course, borrowed dimes from Mindy, paid them back, won two games, and had a Margarita.  

Had dinner with Trudie and Carl and enjoyed it. We were amused that on the menu, it said "Presto Pasta." (Would the server bring it  with a "Viola!" gesture?) It was just a misprint and should have been "pesto," of course. Actually, it was pretty good. 

I invited Ellen to come today to my friend, Erica's, talk on retirement planning and she will. After, we'll go to lunch and maybe I'll invite Erica. Here's the flyer Mindy sent out about her: 


Showered and washed my hair, then settled in to watch a bio on Queen Elizabeth. Slept well and am looking forward to seeing my old (well, she's 60 or so) colleague from Fractured Actors. Here are Erica and me on stage when we appeared together in Welcome  Home four years ago. She's standing second from left on my right, pouring a bottle of champagne to toast the arrival of the new baby, my granddaughter: 


No comments:

WEDNESDAY

My knee may be somewhat better, but it still isn't completely okay. I'll follow the N.P.'s advice to use heat and keep taking th...