Went to balance class at 10:00; leader Jackie is still away, but resident Kathy led the group. Hung out after that, then had lunch with Kathie, LaVerne, Paula, and Denise, five of us at a table for four, but it was fun.
Kathie asked me to call her daughter, Stacy, who had the idea of offering her services to residents for any small chores and errands they might need. I called her at we had a talk. She seems a bright and well-spoken young woman (well, not so young, she's a grandmother) and I gave her my opinion on her ideas.
Went to get my BP measured at 1:00. I got a satisfactory 133/85 (66), which for me, is good. Jasmine used my own BP machine and now I'm beginning to think I just don't do it right--or something.
Back to the multi-purpose room for dime Bingo and I won two games. Also, Mindy had a raffle and I won twice. However, the "prizes" were contraptions that I guess are supposed to go on a walker and they're labeled "Ventura Post Acute." I think I'll donate them to GoodWill.
Had dinner with LaVerne, Paula, Denise, and Keith (we again added a chair to the square, four-person table) and we enjoyed each other's company. Home after, I put the arthritis medication on my knee, which has been bothering me for several days. Unfortunately, it didn't seem to help and I may have to call the doctor. I've been using the walker even in my apartment because of the knee.
Slept okay, but the knee is still bothering me.
No comments:
Post a Comment