Friday, August 14, 2026

THURSDAY

 Slept okay, but am not sure about tonight, as I took a long nap before lunch. Sat with LaVerne, Paula, and the newish resident, Judy. The latter is a non-stop talker, all about herself, of course, and her art work. It was "Brazil Day" and lunch was pretty good, but too much of it for me: both steak and chicken, plus a vegetable medley, rice, and potato salad. In addition, the usual bar-type table was set up and I had a beer. Mindy then came along offering cocktails and I had a pink something. 

Did little of consequence the rest of the day (do I ever?). Took another nap--not a good idea if I want to sleep at night, but I'm writing this at 7:00 pm Thursday (I top it off in the morning) and don't know yet.

Had dinner with Paula, Bea, and John, a person I hadn't known before. I saw neither Kathie nor Keith, but much as I like them, it was fun to be with a newbie. Skipped the dinner--tuna melt and fries--in favor of a bagel with salmon. Actually, I asked for two and took one home to eat whilst watching T.V.

Called Ellen because my laptop was acting up and she walked me through the solution. 

T.O.P.S. this morning and I'm anything but optimistic. 

No comments:

THURSDAY

 Slept okay, but am not sure about tonight, as I took a long nap before lunch. Sat with LaVerne, Paula, and the newish resident, Judy. The l...