Monday, August 17, 2026

SUNDAY

Slept well, I'm happy to say, and got up at 6:30. Hung out in the morning, took my now-daily early nap, then went down for lunch with Kathie, LaVerne, and Paula. It was meat loaf, but I opted for a bagel with salmon instead; actually, I asked for two so I can eat one as a snack in the evening. Unfortunately, Kathie suffers from migraine headaches and has since she was 8 years old. She gets "auras" along with them, which means her vision is affected oddly. She's scheduled for an MRI this week; I hope she gets some answers. I told her I'd look up the aura phenomena information, did so, and asked Thea to print it, as my printer is still misbehaving.  

I then got my purse and sunglasses and took off on the city bus for CVS and Von's. When I got to the pharmacy at CVS to pick up my Equis, I discovered 5 mg had been sent. However, the doctor had cut it in half last time--I informed the pharmacist of this and she said she'd call my doctor and ask about it. That's okay, because I still have plenty of the last RX. At Von's I got cottage cheese, salt, and a few other items, then bused home. I'm glad I ventured out. 

As often happens, neither Kathie nor LaVerne came down to dinner; Paula wasn't in evidence, either, so I sat with David and Lisa, then Bea joined us. I enjoyed it--David is an attorney and has a good sense of humor. As we chatted, Bea mentioned that her given name is with the French spelling, Beatrix; she then casually added that she's distantly related to the Dionne Quintuplets. Wow, what a revelation! Of course, I had to tell her of my interest in, and my presentations on, the quints, as well as my collection of books and artifacts on them. Bea said she thought her mother's brother--or sister--was married to one of the quints' siblings. 

No plans for today, in fact, the rest of the week and that's good, not bad. 

No comments:

SUNDAY

Slept well, I'm happy to say, and got up at 6:30. Hung out in the morning, took my now-daily early nap, then went down for lunch with Ka...