The Uber guy, courtesy of my health insurane, SCAN, picked me up at 7:20 and took me to Quest for my blood test. As often happens, I was very early for my 8:00 appointment, but that was no big deal. Had the test, called to be taken home and shortly, was. I like most of the drivers as I did this one and enjoyed our conversations there and back.
Home, I made myself a quick breakfast of cottage cheese on bread, then took a load of whites to the laundry room. While they were washing, I took a quick nap until I had to go back to shift to the dryer, then later, of course, to retreive them, fold, and put away
El called to say she'll be a little later than 11:30, but that was okay, I just played games on the laptop until she got here at noon. Off we went to Wood Ranch for lunch--we both had their lucious BBQ salad--then to Wal-Mart for lemons and cashews for me, a variety of other items for El.
Got home a bit after three, put my things away, then was startled when a man suddendly jumped onto my second floor balcony:
Of course, it was one of the guys re-doing the flooring out there. I then opened the door and thanked him for it; he was very appreciative.
At dinner, Kathie and I went to our usual table and found resident Paula sitting there along with Ruth. We sat there (Keith came later, but went back upstairs without sitting down) with them and I got to know Paula, whom I hadn't met before. I liked her--she had a lot of interesting things to say. Unfortunately, she had had a stroke three months ago and it affected her vision, mobility, and the use of her left arm. All I had known about her before was that she's a Jehovah Witness and doesn't celebrate or approve of marking birthdays or holidays with celebraions.
Ellen called to say I need another session at Rolling Oaks Radiology, but I'm not clear on what exactly it's for--I think as a follow-up to one of the proceedures I had before. Will ask her.
Now I have to write an intro to Suzy's trio for Sunday. Shouldn't be too diffucult.
No comments:
Post a Comment