Tuesday, August 11, 2026

MONDAY

 Up at 6:30 after a good night's sleep. After dressing and my usual morning laptop routine (blog, Wordle, Connections, and Blossom), I took a short nap, then went down to balance class at 10:00.  Leader Jackie is away, so resident Elaine led the class. Had my meager breakfast (cottage cheese on thin-sliced bread), then futzed around with this and that.

Lunched with Kathie, LaVerne, and Bea. I saw Trudie and asked how she enjoyed Suzy and the Skin On Steel band on Sunday. She said she did, but would much rather hear music from an earlier time than the sixties and seventies. Hmm...I decided to call Suzy and suggest that. Did so, and Suzy was perfectly fine with that; she said they were rehearsing that night and she'd convey that info to the rest of the band members. After lunch, I did the exercise bike for fifteen miinutes--all two short a time, but better than nothing.

Had dinner with LaVerne, Keith, and Paula, whom I'm getting to like more and more. Instead of the entree, I got another bagel with lox (salmon) and took half home to eat during my hour of T.V. Texted Suzy witih more suggestions, including as Mary had mentioned, Creedence Clearwater and I swore that would be the last nagging from me---actually, I think she appreciated the input. 

💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙
Oh, this was a long, long time ago. On the left are a twenty-one year old girl I don't even recognize; her soon-to-be husband, Pat Molloy, and Bobo Burke. I don't remember the people behind Bobo, but to the left of the man is the Molloy's next door neighbor. The three to her left are my future father-in-law, brother-in-law, and mother-in-law, then Jack Jenkins. Boca Raton, Florida, c. 1957. 
💙💙💙💙💙💙💙💙

3 comments:

iloveac said...

OMG…before reading your blog I was checking the obits in the AC Press and the name at the top hit me. I believe he (Thomas Burke) was the same Tommy Burke…best friend of my oldest brother Frank at St. James. I heard his name so many times but I never met him. Anyhow I saw he had a brother named Bobo. Then today I see the photo you posted mentioning a BoBo Burke. What a connection…all those St. James people. I believe my brother Frank went to school with your oldest brother. My brother died 15 years ago. This name brought back so many memories. BTW, as I’ve told u before…you and Pat are such a good looking couple…you look fabulous and he was such a hunk (as we said way back when).

Mimi said...

Thanks, Pat. Actually, Bobo was a nickname, of course; I'm surprised it would be in a obituary. Bobo's real name was actually Francis; when I have a chance, I'll look him up in the HSHS yearbooks I have. Interesting about your brother!@

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
I think the obit said he went to St. James and then ACHS

TUESDAY

 I was in and out of sleep all night and finally got up at 7:20. Dressed, stripped the bed, and took the sheets to the laundry room. Went to...