Sunday, August 09, 2026

SATURDAY

 I got it done--the patio, that is, and it was a big job, but it looks good: 




I had to carry all the plants and other items in the living back to the patio/porch, wash them, arrange them, and water them and it took me more than an hour, but it was okay. After that, I took a load of wash to the laundry room, swept up, and so on. 

Had lunch with Trudie, Carl, Barb, Mary Ann, and Keith. The main entree was beef pot roast with Rosemary gravy and, since I'm the only Rosemary here, I got a lot of kidding about it. 

Later, I attended "Brazilian Bingo," but why it was called that is beyond me; it was just quarter-a-card Bingo and I won two games. Talked to Mindy about Suzy and the band coming today and Suzy called me to say they'd be here about 1:30 to set up and so on, although they don't go on until 3:00. . I still haven't worked up my intro, but I'll do that today. 

Had dinner with Kathie and LaVerne and it was good, although what they called a sausage and pepper sub was simply shredded sausage on a roll--no relationship to a sub. 

After dinner, I delved into my scripts and selected four commedies and two dramas to give Suzy and Bob to read. I had only one copy of Fatal Family Reunion, which is a comedy and we did as dinner theatre in Jersey, so I'll give that to Bob.  These scripts are ten to almost twenty years old and I can no longer find them on Word, so just have hard copies. 

I called Ellen just to say hello. She and Greg were driving back from Carpiteria, where they walked on the kind of boardwalk on the sand. I've been there, too, and it's a nice place. 

Today's the day Suzy and the Skin to Steel band come in and I still haven't worked up my intro, but will shortly. 

No comments:

SATURDAY

 A slow morning with just my usual Block Champ, then hour nap. Sat down for lunch with Kathie and Paula, then Ray joined us. I get a kick ou...