Saturday, March 26, 2022

Friday

Lora picked me up for T.O.P.S. at 8:30, as Julie was about to go on a trip. Besides Lora and me, only Lennie The Leader and Bobbi were there. As ever, we hardly mentioned weight or weight loss--just ranged over a variety of topics. Lennie said something about Bailey's Irish Cream and I told them that I often make it and have given it as gifts. What? Make it? How? The upshot is that I promised to bring some in next week for them to sample; also volunteered to do the program.

As for the weight report: I came in at 126.4 at home for a loss of .06 from last Saturday. The T.O.P.S. scale had me at 126.8, a gain of a whopping 2.1. But the last time I was weighed at the meeting was three weeks ago, so who knows what the interim levels were? Anyway, I'm okay with it, as it's well within my comfort zone of 125 to 130.

During the meeting, I got a call from the woman at Miramar I was supposed to see at 2:00 yesterday, to say she had an "emergency" at home and had to leave. I said okay, call me Monday. 

Home, late breakfast as ever, then I took my cart and walked over the footbridge to the park at Kimball. Got two books and a National Geographic on Picasso at the Little Lending Library. I often loop around to Telephone Road and take the bus part way back, but instead, I walked the long way, so got in about four. Napped for an hour--I'm not sure if I want this to be a habit--and got up to put in a wash.

Got a text from cousin Duane asking if it was okay with everybody if he put our pictures from last week on Facebook. We all said yes and I'll be anxious to see them, especially those I haven't seen with my brother, Frank.

Ellen called on her way home from work and we had a long--and rather heated--discussion about my problem with Miramar. I'll let her know the outcome after I talk to the woman there. 

After dinner, I debated with myself whether to call Jim. Our routine had been that I call him on Friday at 7:00 (creatures of habit? Oh, no, not us), but we had "had words" last week and I didn't know if he'd be receptive. For that matter, I was feeling conflicted myself about the relationship. However, at about ten after, he called me. I greeted him warmly, we talked for some time, and I extended the invitation, which he immediately accepted. So our little spat is over and I'm glad of that. 

Note to myself because I've asked him a million times and keep forgetting: Jim doesn't resume his classes at the college until the summer semester.


No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...