Thursday, March 31, 2022

You Win Some, You lose some...

And happily, I seem to be on a winning streak. After the successful session with Miramar on Tuesday,   things went well yesterday at the dentist's. I headed there in fear and trembling, of course, although it was just to get my teeth cleaned (well, bad enough!). I like Dave, the hygienist, who's very warm and talkative. I already knew he lives in Thousand Oaks, his wife went to UCLA, and he has two stepsons, one mentally challenged, plus lots of other minutiae. This time he told me he was building an outdoor cocktail area and has informed his wife he wants to be buried there. Funny guy and I enjoy his patter. The "win" part: I told him I have some sensitivity in two teeth and he called Dr. Babbitt in to check, but it doesn't seem to be a problem. Dave said I should use Sensodyne toothpaste and get a Water Pik. Will do.

Got out of there in an hour and walked over to a branch of The Market. Got a few items, including a small jar of instant coffee for the Molloy's Irish Cream I'm bringing to T.O.P.S. tomorrow. Walked back to the transit center for a bus home, so I put in about two.

After lunch, I added another mile and a half by walking to Smart 'n' Final and The Dollar Tree for apples, veggies, and stuff. Bused home, then went over to Von's for the rest of what I need.  (Damn, I forgot the heavy cream, but will go back and get that after breakfast.)  Ellen called while I was there on her way home from work and we had a good talk. 

I continue to treat myself to an episode of Doc Martin before bed and I no longer watch anything else on television. I do still have Full Metal Jacket on the laptop, but haven't look at it for a few days. As for reading--incredibly, I'm indulging myself with Mo: A Woman's View Of Watergate. It's by Maureen Dean, wife of John, one of the major figures in that long ago mess. Book came out forty seven years ago and it's written (with a ghost) in a truly bizarre style that comes across as a mix of gal-around-town-no-better-than- she-had-to be/innocent victim/teeny bopper style that's truly bizarre. For some reason, though, I'm reasonably engaged and will continue it.   

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...