Tuesday, March 22, 2022

Monday

 It started as a not-so-great day. I grieved the loss of my twin sister, thinking of all the time we wasted being mad at each other. I was diverted from that, though, by the horrendous ordeal of trying to get CVS Caremark to send my medication. Finally straightened it all out (their web site stinks, too) and they sent it to the nearby CVS, which I walked to and picked up.

Went to Von's to stock up on a few things, including the Voila frozen meals I like--casseroles of garlic chicken and pasta, as well as other combinations. I actually went back and forth to the Von's shopping center three times, because I had to go home and get my cart. I have to say, much as I get annoyed at some things about the apartment, it probably couldn't be more convenient when I don't have a car: supermarkets, other stores, and buses are all within a radius of two or so miles--easy walking distance.

After I picked up the medication, I impulsively got on a 6 bus and went down to Telephone Road to see if the Von's there had an item sold out in "my" Von's. They were also sold out (it was a vodka-infused cocktail in a can that neighbor Michelle had told me was on sale), but that was okay. I took the 6 bus back, got off at the transit center/mall and went to BevMo for a bottle of Christian Brothers cream sherry (all the old ladies drink cream sherry).

The high point of the day was when Ellen called on her way home from school. We had a good talk and that lifted my spirits considerably. What isn't is the fact that my left eye is bothering me; I'm going to call Miramax this morning. 



No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...