Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Monday

 A strange phenomena was happening when I got up: Water was falling from the sky. Yes, it was raining and it lasted most of the morning. That gave me plenty of inside time to get things done, including the making the multitude of phone calls and Internet contacts I needed to do. I also found the tax return items for Michelle and emailed them to her. I was able to cancel my April 22nd appointments--dropped Miramar altogether and got a mammogram appointment in Ventura for April 26. 

Speaking of Miramar, the "manager" (or whatever she is, maybe the cleaning woman) of the optical department called and we made a date for me to see her today about 11:00. I'm also meeting Noreen for lunch at Dargan's Irish Pub in town, so that should work. I hope the rain will have gone away by the time I have to leave.  

I've had a hankering for lentils, so I put some in the slow cooker, shredded an onion to add, plus some chicken broth and Italian seasoning, and let it simmer for several hours. Reserved some for dinner and froze the rest. 

After lunch, I thought I'd bus to town, but although the rain had stopped, it was chilly, dull and overcast, so I skipped that idea. Just went over to Von's for blueberries, milk, and mushrooms. Home and I stir-fried the latter with herb and garlic marinade and, along with the lentil soup/stew, had a tasty dinner.


No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...