Thursday, March 10, 2022

Wednesday

 Used the Bona system (I swear by it) to dry- then wet-mop the hard floors. Cleaned the bathroom while I was at it, then tackled a few other chores. Put the the bath rugs in the washer and was horrified when they wouldn't spin dry. I was going to take them to the laundry building to put the in the big drier when I ran into Suzanne. She sensibly suggested that I put them on the patio to dry. True, they were soaking wet, but they'd certainly be only damp in the morning, then I could put them in my own dryer. Yes, indeed, that was exactly what happened, which is why I shouldn't go off halfcocked at any disturbance; they are now reposing dryly on the floors.

I finished the major part of my income tax prep--must get it to Michelle when she comes back from Cancun. I'll copy some of the things for my records, but she's always been great in returning what I give her, neatly categorized.

After lunch, I got my cart and walked the overpass to the Hill Street branch of the library. I had  finished Technopoly and just wanted to drop it off, but was delighted to see that the library was open. Went in and spent a pleasant hour browsing, then sitting on a comfortable lounge to start reading Jonathan Kellerman's Night Moves. I'm ninety percent sure I've read this before--and probably only a year or two ago--and it's a little scary that I'm not a hundred percent sure. On the other hand, I don't remember the plot payoff--who was the murderer?--so I'll enjoy it again. Donated books are sold there, too, and I bought Murder At The Chessboard, a small kind of whodunit puzzle book, as well as a DVD called Disturbed, for a buck each.

From there, I hopped a bus to Aldi Supermarket, where I got broccoli, a can of cashews, and--unusually for me--already made up manicotti. You just have to put in on sauce (I have some good garlic and herb tomato sauce); I may do that today, have some for dinner and freeze the rest.

Ellen called on her way home from work. It's always a pleasure to talk to her and I'll see her and Greg Friday evening when we meet for dinner. I think we'll be together over the weekend, too. She told me about buying gas on Sunday for $5.00 a gallon, which was the least expensive near where she lives. She went back to the same place yesterday and it's now $5.40! That's still less than the average in California: $5.57. 

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...