Monday, March 07, 2022

Sunday

The Crossword seemed difficult, for some reason, and I didn't get all of it. Emptied the dishwasher and cleaned up a bit. I called my blogger buddy, Pat R. (hi, Pat!) and greatly enjoyed our extended conversation. I wanted to ask her about her husband's cremation and so on and she actually got me interested in donating my body to medical. I'm not at all sure about that, but definitely want to find out more and will get in touch with the anatomical board or its equivalent in California. We also ranged over hair styles, neurotic relatives, and senior sex--fun!

Shortly after Pat and I said goodbye, Ellen came. As she had suggested, I had traced onto newspaper the five large pictures I wanted hung and taped the pieces on the wall where I wanted them. El did a good, careful job and I like the way they look so much.

After all our hard work (well, I supervised!), we went to the Hill Street CafĂ© for lunch. We had good food, but even better conversation, and it was a fine day. El dropped me off about 2:30, after which I puttered around, then went over to Von's for oatmeal and olive oil.  

I just got up at 6:00, which is late for me. After I drink enough of my life-saving elixir from Maxwell House, I'll call the Little Egg Harbor Township office about the letter I got on Saturday. It was a request from the tax assessor's office to contact the clerk there.  Ouch--that doesn't sound as if they want to wish me a happy Easter.

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...