Monday, March 28, 2022

Sunday

I'm not sure why, but I didn't do well on the Sunday crossword: left a number unsolved. After, I cleaned up a bit, had lunch, then got my cart and set off for Michelle's with my tax info. It took me an age to find her apartment, as Cypress Point is a fairly large complex and the building numbers seem just at random. Anyway, I got there about 2:00 and Michelle invited me to come in while she worked up my form on the laptop, so I could sign it then and there. I wasn't able to, however, because there were two documents (from Vanguard and Chase re my investments and my mortgage interest) I had neglected to include. Michelle said I could call her with the numbers, which I will today.

But, as it always is with Michelle, it was a pleasant encounter. She's a personal trainer on the side, plus an accountant for taxes and other things, and is self-employed in both areas. I enjoy talking to her, as she's smart, articulate, and full of life. I'm Facebook friends with her and know she's an outdoor person inside and out--long hikes up in the hills, sky-diving, trips to Hawaii for snorkeling, and so on. I like to read about and hear of, her adventures.

So I was there about an hour, then walked to The Market and Wal-Mart for lettuce, tomatoes, onions, and a few other items. Bused home, after getting in about three, maybe more. 

I've decided--somewhat impulsively--to sell my sofa, which I've posted on several sites on FB:

It's in good shape, but is not a sleep sofa, which I want. Why? Well, for one thing, son Mike is going to be here on a business trip and will arrive in Ventura on April 22. (I have appointments at both Miramar Eye and Rolling Oaks for the mammogram, but I'll jettison them without a qualm.) He'll then go to Utah, but come back here after. He could stay with Ellen, but I'd like to have him here, at least on one of the nights, so I want to get a sleep sofa. 

Ran into Vickie when I neared home and we chatted. I got the latest on Mary--not good--but was glad to see Vickie. Home and I had a vegan dinner of rice, Brussel sprouts, and homemade applesauce. 

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...