Saturday, March 05, 2022

Friday

Holy Moley: According to my home scale, I'm now at 123.8, so have lost 3.4 pounds. At T.O.P.S., the scale read 124.7, with 1.5 lost. Puzzling, but I assume I'll get back into my comfort zone of 125 to 130.

Didn't get breakfast until 10:00 and after, I cooked up the nice fat white mushrooms I had bought at WinCo. Did some other food prep, too. After a quick lunch, I rode to town. It was sunny, but very windy and pretty chilly for here. I picked up some cute little "growing pots" for mint, lavender, and chamomile. Will I use them myself or give them away? Dunno.

Hung the metal tree silhouette thing in the hall. I used to have it in the kitchen/dining room, but I wanted to clear that space for new photos.

Called Jim and we had a talk. As usual, I invited him for Saturday lunch and, as ever, he accepted. I had made a large turkey stir-fry last week and had what was left over in the freezer. I'll add the mushrooms I had sautéed on Thursday and maybe peas. I bought a box of corn bread mix and will put that on the table, too. 

(Sigh: In my younger days, I would never have dreamed of using a box. I always made corn bread from scratch and it isn't even hard. Guess I'm getting old and careless in the baking department.  😂)  

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...