Saturday, March 12, 2022

Friday

After breakfast, walked the overpass to the park, then around it, for a total of three and a half miles. It was a lovely day, low seventies, plenty of sun, and no humidity, of course. Home about 10:30, to do some financial stuff on the laptop, then it was off to the gym--rather, the exercise room where I live--for some strenuous stuff involving several machines and a medicine ball. Had the leftover manicotti for lunch then went to Von's for this and that.  

Plans were firmed up* to meet my cousin, Sally, next Thursday, in Santa Barbara at niece Carolyn's. I haven't seen her for twenty-five years, although we've talked on the phone. She was about the only cousin near our age, and she's two years older.

Met Ellen and Greg at Lure Fish House, one of my favorites and what a great time we had! The joint was jumpin', of course, on a warm Friday night, but the service was good and the food superb, so what could be better?  I had ahi tuna, seared on the outside and raw within, and El and I both had a yummy "lemon drop" cocktail. We made a date to meet today at El's at 1:00 and we'll be doing something active then, too, of course. 

Got home about 8:00 and--wonders will never cease--changed into a bathing suit and went to the hot tub! It was wonderfully warm and comfortable, a lovely top-off to to  lovely day.  

* The notorious passive voice--I should be ashamed!

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...