Sunday, March 27, 2022

Saturday

It was foggy and cool, but turned out to be an enjoyable day overall. For one thing, although I woke up at 2:00 for the usual, I fell back asleep and got up at 6:30. That's downright late for me and I felt well rested.

Prepared for "Jimlunch" by cleaning up a bit and getting out the Viola casserole from the freezer. I just served that with rye bread--no extras--and of course, wine for Jim, beer for me. Had some lemon cake in the freezer and I pureed a pint of blueberries to cover it, added some strawberry yogurt, and it was tasty. 

After, we sat and had some good conversation. I have some art books on the lower level of the coffee table and we discussed which we like most (impressionists for me). Jim talked about the relationship he sees between art and philosophy, such as, say, Monet and Renoir being active in the age of enlightenment. That was interesting. 

Jim stayed until almost 4:00, then I walked him out, cleaned up, and walked over to Von's for paper towels. Naturally, I saw more things I needed/wanted, so had to leave my paid-for goods, come home and get my cart, then go back to get them. That was all right with me, as I hadn't had any walk in the morning.

I made the happy discovery that I can watch DVDs on this laptop--I hadn't realized that before. That means I can see Doc Martin for an hour every night, then a movie at my leisure--nice to know.  I actually put in Full Metal Jacket, an anti-war classic I've never seen, and will look at it in segments.  

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...