Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Tuesday

Busy day. I got to Miramar about 11:30 and met with "manager"--or something--Rocio. I was all set to light into her, but to my surprise, she couldn't have been more understanding and courteous. Then and there, she measured my eyes to ascertain where the new lenses and I'll be getting them soon. They will be free of charge, of course, and I walked out of there satisfied and feeling better about Miramar. I'm going to write a letter of appreciation about her to the outfit.

From there, I caught the bus into town. I was early for my 1:00 o'clock lunch date with Noreen, so stopped at the library. I started talking to the director, Karen, and discussed the possibility of my doing my Dionne Quintuplet presentation there. She was encouraging, so I'll see if I can pull it together again.

Got to Dargan's, met Noreen and we had a good Irish lunch, shepherd's pie and Irish beer for me, Cobb salad and wine for her. We talked and talked about our various good and bad times since we met last. Stayed for two hours and finally said goodbye.

After I got home, I texted Suzanne to see if she wanted to come over for one of our chat sessions. She did and we convened at 5:00. We had some an interesting conversation about family, she discussing her nephew and his wife, who are divorcing. I was surprised at her candor, considering the topic; Sister Gabriel and Sister Leo must have been spinning in their graves. 

A few minutes after Suzanne left, cousin Sally called. Just back from Florida where she visited her youngest daughters (she has six children from two marriages), we talked about me visiting her in San Diego. She mentioned that at the end of May, she'll be attending the college graduation of her grandson--formerly her granddaughter--in San Jose. Yes, the granddaughter has changed to male hood which, it seems to me, may be more difficult than the opposite, but hey, each to his own.

This morning, I have to go to the dentist for teeth-cleaning--UGH! 

No comments:

Sunny Sunday

It was sunny in more ways than one. Not only did we enjoy the bountiful and beautiful sunshine, but I spent several sunny hours with my daug...