Sunday, January 23, 2022

Saturday With Jim

I had one of the tangerines Suzanne gave me and it was just delicious: About twice as big as the puny things you get in the store and with a skin that practically zips off; full of juice, too.

Walked over to Von's for turkey breast and rolls and a few other things. When I got back, I met Suzanne going out and she asked to show me something. It was the faucet top, which was almost completely blocked with a hard green material. She suggested that if that happened to mine (it has in the past), I could take it off with pliers and clean it. I didn't actually say this, but I thought it: "Why in the HELL do you think I'd ever do that? Javier came over and replaced the faucet, which is a job he gets paid to do. I don't and I'll be damned if I'll take that on." What I said is, "No, I don't do things like that myself; I call the office." 

Jim came at his usual 12:30 and we had our usual interesting time. He was very concerned about needing a picture for the course he has to complete (on the college system). He asked if I'd take some and I did. I took three and and sent them to him. I guess this was the best, but it's not really that good:



Jim called after he got home and said he was concerned because he looked so old in the pictures (well, hey, he'll be 79 in three months). I thought so, too, frankly, so suggested I send him one I had taken at Jasmine Thai three years ago I did and we agreed it was the better one for his purposes:
In truth, I think the reason why Jim looks older in the picture I took yesterday is because 1. he IS older and 2.) the Apple I-11 phone/camera I have now is so superior to my little Cricket, that it takes sharper pictures--that show the wrinkles. It's amazing that anyone would consult me about anything on the Internet, but I was happy to help.

I texted Vickie to see how things are with her and Mary and, sadly, things continue to deteriorate. She has Mary on the waiting list for a facility in Santa Paula, but it's a long list. Mike messaged me and I got to say hello to Paula and the girls. Paula was making several flavors of vegetarian ice cream, which he showed me--looked yummy, which he confirmed. She makes this from scratch and not with an ice cream maker or even old-fashioned churn. 

2 comments:

Pat said...


I totally agree the 3yr old picture is the best one to publicize. AND I agree big time about fixing things in the apt. That is part of your rent (maintenance). My cleaning lady will do it and I have to remind her often to do so. I think maintenance should cover it too...

Mimi said...

Comment published--thanks for alerting me, Pat!

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...