Sunday, January 30, 2022

Saturday

Cleaned up a bit in the morning and prepared for Jim, who has become my perennial Saturday luncheon guest. He came at his usual 12:30, we ate and had some good talk, with just minor disagreements. I brought the laptop into the living room to look up passport info for him. His is still valid, but he wants to renew it before it expires. Mine already expired in 2020, but I'm engaged in renewing, also. He stayed until 3:30 and I walked out with him, as usual. After, I took my cart over to Von's, as I needed milk and coffee, as well as other things I might have had  difficulty carrying. That was my Saturday, hardly exciting, but it was sunny and agreeably warm most of the day, and in my book, that beats east coast snow anytime--no contest. 

To some extent, I'm in the habit of planning out my days. That doesn't mean I won't throw over whatever if something better comes along, such as lunch with a friend. I just don't want to find myself bored and lonely, with nothing to do, staring at the wall. Today, I plan spend the morning adding to the items I'll donate to Goodwill and possibly, addressing a few "business" items. After lunch, I'll bus to town to the library to pick up the two relatively new Jonathan Kellerman books I have on hold. (I'm still reading the huge Shirley Temple auto-bio, but will try to rush through it.) I'll then stop at Ross, at the mall/transit center, to buy some small casserole dishes and drawer dividers I saw the other day. Will I do all I planned? Time will tell. 



No comments:

Monday Matters of Business

Just ignore this entry, and go to the next:  Having absolutely VOWED to quit procrastinating, I got these things done on my list: 1. Called ...